By Ananda Floyd |
Making your own laundry detergent is a quick and easy way to avoid harsh additives and chemicals in mainstream laundry soaps. Try our recipe and let us know how it works for you.
Laundry Detergent Recipe
- One 5 to 6oz bar laundry soap such as Fels-Naptha soap
- 1 cup washing soda
- 1 cup borax
- Grate the bar of soap. It will be easiest with a box grater.
- Place the grated soap in a blender or food processor and grind to a fine powder.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix in washing soda and borax.
- Store in an air tight container and use 1 Tbsp per small load and 2 Tbsp per large load.
- Place detergent in washer before adding clothes to ensure your laundry detergent dissolves fully in the wash.